Facebook’s new WordPress plugin is making waves which would help you in publishing your posts to Facebook timeline. This is a great step as far as social networking sites are concerned as they are getting inclined towards WordPress which is forming the basis for most of the websites in today’s time. This plugin has amazing and impressive features which you are definitely going to love!
Let’s check out some of the features which are baked in the plugin-
- Whatever content you publish to WordPress can be easily published to your timeline and other pages. In fact, you can add the friends; you specifically want to see your posts.
- An amazing feature of this plugin is that you can integrate WordPress widgets which include activity feed box, recommendation box and other buttons such as like, subscribe or send button.
Here are the steps which would allow you to install the new WordPress plugin for Facebook-
- There is also the provision of a comment box which would allow people to comment on your website which would be in turn posted to timeline.
- You can install the plugin through WordPress.org plugin directory or the other way is to uplo0ad the plugin to your server.
- Once the plugin is activated you would have to set up a Facebook app on the Facebook developer site. This has been explained in the further steps:
- Navigate to the Facebook Apps page and click on “create new app” option. You need to fill in the details including app name and app namespace.
- After you click on the continue option, you need to Set up the app.
A form would be displayed and you would have to complete fields including display name, namespace, contact email, app domains, category, website with Facebook login and mobile web.
- Now you need to configure the WordPress settings. You can make the changes at your WordPress dashboard where you would be required to fill the App ID, App secret and App namespace.
These were the configuration steps. Now all you need to do is to publish your posts to timeline. This can be done by following the givens steps:
- Now you would be directed to another section called the “Post and Page settings”. This is the simplest page and all you need to do is to select the particular check boxes. A number of options are available here including social publisher, like button, subscribe button, send button, comments and recommendations bar.
- Once you are done with the post, you need to click on the option “Publish to author’s timeline”.
- Navigate to the Facebook apps page where you need to select the app that you created.
- Choose the “Open Graph” link and select the “Create New Action Type”. Here you need to choose the option “Publish”.
- The steps are completed once you submit your preference
These are the basic steps which allow you to use the new Facebook plugin.