As we know that wordpress is mostly used as a content management system & the main reason of its popularity is that it is very user friendly. The person who is not a webmaster can also use this content management system. And moreover, wordpress is free & open source CMS. It includes all the CMS Web Development features. The main features of this CMS are its plug-ins & themes. More than 12% share among the biggest websites in the world on internet is having wordpress as CMS. As everything is nice about this CMS, but as we know the a good things is always has some problems also .The same is with wordpress. The main problem with wordpress is that, it is resource sucker. This is because when more & more plug-ins & complicated themes are added in this then there happens a problem of high CPU server load & memory usage. This can also be when there is high traffic in the website. Due to heavy load in server your account can be suspended & you may lost all visitors & this will be very bad for your website SEO. To overcome all these problems your wordpress developer should be very experienced.
If you are handling your wordpress blog by yourself then, it is very necessary to optimize your wordpress Blog. And for that you have to pay attention on the following tips.
1) Just minimize the plug-ins if you are using so many. And if you are using plug-ins then keep one thing in your mind that these plug-ins should be highly recommended. Highly recommended means highly rated & most downloaded plug-ins & also live plug-ins.
2) Always use the themes which are simple to use & easy to read and also related to your targeted niche .Otherwise having complicated themes there will be server load & it will create a big problem to your website.
3) If you are using any kind of unnecessary script then delete it.
Never use unnecessary scripts.
4) Use cache mechanism to to keep your content safe. There are many plug-ins to do caching. Use those plug-ins. But again remember that there should be some recommended plug-ins only. Like Database caching, Page caching, Memory caching, Object caching. So, only recommended Plug-ins should be installed.
6) Optimize your database regularly and also backup regularly when you have lots of data in your MySql database, because it is very necessary to optimize your database.
7)It will be better if you buy small or medium size VPS(virtual private server) to overcome the load on your server CPU. And later as website will grow then add more resources in it as required.